Games Vikings Play

Okay I'm doing some research and I found interesting stuff about games that Vikings play so of course I had to share!

First of all there is the lovely game of Hnefatafl. I'm sure someone out there can pronounce that! I'm fluent in Danish, which is a Nordic language, and I couldn't even venture a guess! Hnefatafl is a game similar to Chess but according to some of the sites I found on it, it's actually older. There are pieces and its played on a board with a grid. The pieces simulate a Viking Raid so there are pieces in the middle which someone is in charge of defending and four sets of pieces along the outside which someone else attacks with. Those good old Vikings! Surround and conquer!

Another game I found was Kubb I couldn't find anything but commercial websites about it so for all I know someone totally could have made it up just to make money, but according to their site its an outdoor game played by Vikings. Its a little like bowling or horseshoes.

Back to the Viking party...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #10

Contest!

Thursday Thirteen #9