Dear Disney...

I just purchased your Wall-E DVD. I haven't even watched it yet. But for the love of all that is good and holy people!!! I know the movie is about what happens if we don't take care of our planet and so the "Earth (and Space) Friendly" packaging might have seemed like a good idea, and I'm all for Earth friendly packaging when appropriate...but a DVD case is not disposable!!! You put it on your shelf and it looks pretty and you don't get rid of it. I had to slaughter my cardboard case to put it in a plastic case that I had left over from something else so that the DVD didn't get all scratched up from the cardboard sleeve you put it in...

I hope this was just something for Wall-E and you haven't done away with decent packaging completely, because I put in a preorder last week for the Peter Pan and Tinkerbell set coming out next month and I'm going to be VERY disappointed if it comes in this junk packaging as well. I know the economy is awful, but those packages cost pennies to make. So come on! Please don't make a habit of this! Save your earth friendly packaging for all the endless Disney toys that you sell. Now there is where they are sensible. Almost no one keeps the package their Disney Princess doll came in so make that easily recyclable!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I bought that for Aiden, but I hadn't opened it to see what the packaging is like. Maybe they're expecting people to be like Amanda and keep them in big binders.

But I'm like you, and so is my sister-in-law, it stays in the DVD box and is on the shelf when not being watched.

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #10

Thursday Thirteen #21

Thursday Thirteen #9