*shivers*

Okay, now you might think I found this doing research, but in fact I found it because my husband asked what an Ossuary was. Never having heard that word before I naturally abandoned my very, very close to being finished manuscript of Fiona and looked it up.

An Ossuary is a building, chest or vessel meant to hold the skeletal remains of a person.

Okay...Weird enough, but we've gotta have a place for skeletons right? But do we really have to make them into chandeliers???

The Sedlec Ossuary is a Roman Catholic chapel in the Czech Republic where they took the bones of the people and made them into decorations and furnishings...

And I thought the catacombs under Paris with the Heart made out of skulls was creepy...

Okay, Beltan's in trouble I have to go save him! Off to finish Fiona!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I find stuff like this to be absolutely fascinating, Lesley--as well as veeeery creepy! :-0
Anonymous said…
I know! It's like creepy but in a way that makes it impossible to look away...
I need to find those pictures I took in the catacombs in Paris!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #10

Thursday Thirteen #21

Thursday Thirteen #9