Rit Dye + Old Purse = Adorable New Handbag

Okay, the purse wasn't actually that old. It was khaki canvas and the week I bought it a drink mix packet exploded in my purse and dyed the whole bottom of it pink! I really liked it though! It's a lovely purse. Its got the right number of pockets and best of all a strap that isn't obnoxiously short as seems to be the fashion today. In case you haven't noticed, I don't give a flip about fashion. ;)

So I bought a bottle of rit dye in wine and boiled my purse. hehe That was pretty weird actually. I kept waiting for my hubby to come in and accuse me of concocting some evil brew. :-D I boiled it for thirty minutes. Rinsed it and washed in the washing machine. When I took it out it was a touch splotchy so I boiled it one more time and washed it and dried it. It's lovely! I'm so pleased!

Comments

Anonymous said…
*ahem* picture???

Btw, I'm not doing anything with my strawberry planter (the one I painted purple, which your dyeing your purse made me think about it). Do you want it to plant something?
Anonymous said…
Ah, yes, picture! I should have taken a before and after. I'll get one later I promise. :-D

I keep looking for my purse and not being able to find it because my eyes are still looking for khaki...
Anonymous said…
Hmm. Interesting...

I need to see a picture, though. :)
Anonymous said…
Jennifer: Done! :-D

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #10

Contest!

Thursday Thirteen #9