This makes me ANGRY!



Mr. Rogers was a wonderful man, and it didn't hurt children to hear that they are special!!!! All children are special! I completely loved Mr. Rogers, and there is NOTHING wrong with my work ethic! I work my butt off!

Fox is disgusting! I hate that channel with a deep and horrible passion! They just say stuff to piss people off! Well they succeeded!

Mr. Rogers, where ever you are, just know that you didn't hurt anyone! If children developed a sense of entitlement, it was because their parents felt the need to buy them everything they ever thought they might want the second they wanted it instead of having them earn it or save for it. That's the source of this sense of entitlement. Not Mr. Rogers saying that they were special!

Comments

Ack! That was horrible! I feel the same way you do, Lesley--completely. I raised my daughter on Mr. Rogers and she, like every other child (and adult!) IS special!

I've had this quote of his in my blog's sidebar ever since I began blogging:

"You've made this day a special day by just your being you. There's no person in the whole world like you. And I like you just the way you are."

How in the world can that beautiful, positive message possibly be detrimental to a child--or an adult, for that matter?
MsSnarkyPants said…
Susan, exactly! I guess we have to forgive them. Nothing that Fox puts on the air can be taken seriously anyway. All they want to do is stir up trouble.

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #10

Thursday Thirteen #21

Thursday Thirteen #9