Thursday Thirteen #7
13 Reasons I Wish the "World's Largest Retailer" Shareholder Meeting Was Over
1. I hate traffic!!!
No! I really, really hate it! I hate driving my car when there is no traffic much less when the streets are completely crammed with people who don't know how to obey the simple laws of pedestrian traffic. If I didn't have to drive the little guy around I'd so be driving my scooter every day.
2. If I don't get to see The Eagles, no one should!!!
Yes, I'm bitter! Very bitter! I love The Eagles!!! *pouts and breaks into the chorus of Witchy Woman*
3. I want our parking lot back!
They took over half of our parking lot! I want it back! I'm a bad parker, and it takes me at least four tries to get into those crummy straight spaces when the part of the lot we are allowed is full.
4. I'd like to be able to go to said World's Largest Retailer without feeling like a tourist attraction!
Wow, look it's one of those "Arkansans." OMG! She isn't barefoot or pregnant?! Who'd have thought! Aww, listen to that twangy accent! How quaint! Shut up!!! It's not twangy! Okay, it is a little twangy... Dang stupid Arkansas accent! Why couldn't it have been a cute Southern accent like Paula Dean's!
5. I'm tired of having to point at my parking permit every single time I come into my parking lot.
It's in the same place as EVERYONE else's! Why is it so hard to see? A big thanks to the nice policewoman who helped me turn out today! I never would have gotten out of that parking lot otherwise!
6. There won't be so many jets flying over!
I don't like having jets flying over! I used to live in a dorm where they flew over every thirty minutes, and I have hated it ever since!
7. Did I mention I need to go to the store?
No seriously. The Diet Coke supply is running perilously low! That is quite simply not an option in this house! Yes, I am aware that I have an addiction.
8. I will be able to work without feeling the base beat from the concerts down the block shaking my desk.
While it'd be fun if I actually got to go to the concerts since I don't it's really just rather an annoyance.
9. I'll be able to blog about something that isn't related to the stupid shareholders meeting!
Seriously it's the only thing I can think about right now! I'm so miffed.
10. When it's over I'll be able to forgive my friend's who aren't taking me with them to the Eagles concert!
One of my best friends is an associate of this large retailer in the corporate offices, and she gets to go to the Eagles concert. She is taking another of my best friends and her sister. A big fat :P to the both of you! hehe That's ok I still love you, but that would not be the case if it were Jimmy Buffett here again this year! *Giggles*
11. I could stop being bitter!
Until next year at least! When they deny me again!
12. There wouldn't be so many darn buses that didn't know how to drive our streets!
My husband, son, and I almost got creamed by a giant tour bus who tried to run his red light when we had the right-of-way and were making a U-Turn. Look, I know it's a dumb place for people to make a U-Turn but the geniuses who built our roads unfortunately didn't include an on ramp for the interstate unless you're going south! What does that mean? If you're going north you have to make a U-Turn. They are planning to build an on ramp. It should be ready by 2010...Or was that when they were planning to start it... hmm... I hope its not the same company building it that promised us a water park by memorial day TWO YEARS AGO!!! Still waiting for that one!
13. Did I mention the bitterness?
Yeah! The bitterness! *growls*
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants