Disgusted...

Okay, so I just started the Couch to 5K training program, because I need to lose ALOT of weight and I really have always secretly wanted to be able to run. I used to have these dreams where I would run and run and never get tired. They were awesome dreams and very unlike the reality of me in gym class when I was in Junior High and High School. And why don't they do something like Couch to 5K with people instead of just telling them they have to run a mile in 10 minutes and throwing them on the field?! I'll bet actually teaching them to run rather than killing their spirit would be a much better method!

Anyway...I digress...

I'm disgusted because I did a search about starting Couch to 5K and Obesity hoping to find some success stories on their forum and what I found was NOT helpful! I found people ranting about how disgusting fat people are scarfing down their junk food and blah blah blah... Well excuse me for being a-freakin'-live!!! People like this just make me sick! They think that they understand everyone else and if people would just stop drinking "full-sugar pepsi's" (this one guy went on and on about this) and start excercising that they would magically transform or something. They do not understand the cycle of depression and failure that can crop up being overweight. So until you have walked a mile in my shoes then don't you dare judge me. (And no comments about how the fat girl can't walk a mile because of course I can and do!)

Look, I understand our country is in crisis. That obesity is a dangerous disease. I'm not saying we shouldn't do anything about it. But pointing fingers and making fun and insinuating that all fat people are just stupid is NOT going to help the situation! Now I'm not a wise sage or anything. I don't know how to fix the problem. I'm still working on fixing me so that I don't pass on my problems to my children, but the hate and disrespect needs to stop! It's the nasty hateful people that disgust me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #10

Thursday Thirteen #21

Thursday Thirteen #9