Random Thoughts

Warnings on Movies and Games

Okay, so you know how there are warnings about sex, violence, and strong language on video games and movies and stuff? Well I understand the need, really I do. And I'm glad they exist so that I can keep my children from watching or playing things that have these kinds of warnings. However, may I just make a request?

I'm extremely emotionally sensitive. Sex, Violence (unless it involves the death of a main character or child), and strong language don't even phase me in fiction. On the other hand, heart wrenchingly sad endings do. I can't stand them. I don't want to watch it, read it, play it. I hate it! Cried for like an hour after City of Angels. Don't even get me STARTED about The Mist! Can we please have warnings about emotionally horrific endings? Thanks. I'd appreciate it.

Chemistry Sets

Did you have a chemistry set when you were a kid? I didn't. I wanted one. My big brother got one that was like the most awesome chemistry set in existence. It had a vial of mercury. You SO couldn't buy one of those now a days! That big brother is now a Chemical Engineer, and I'm Tech Girl with a degree in Creative Writing... Coincidence? I think not!

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL. I remember rolling balls of mercury around when I was a kid...smashing them to make them scatter, and then scooting them all back together again...now I'm a metals analyst who would rather be creative writing.

Hey, maybe that's what's got my brain all stirred up nowadays. I can't seem to choose between being a left- or right- brain user and spend a lot of time waffling back and forth between the two.

Fingers crossed for your baby success :)
Lesley Speller said…
Balanced brains are awesome... My brain is so unbalanced. Take that meaning as you will. ;) I am a very flighty, creative person with a desperate need to organize things. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #10

Thursday Thirteen #21

Thursday Thirteen #9