My New Theme Song

What's Playing: Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall
(Yes, again)

Writing I did: I wrote a page or so for a contest that Harlequin is holding. I also edited a whole chapter of Arianna last night. Go me!

Workout: 10 minutes on the unknown cardio machine at the gym. 3 sets of 15 on five different upper body machines.

Okay, Lishy (my best friend) and I were discussing working on getting in shape, and she had been reading something written by someone about bringing the beautiful person that's inside of yourself out. She pasted some of the stuff the girl had written into MSN. I don't have it anymore, but the basic premise was good. Although the girl who wrote it was kinda fixated on "the beautiful people" and how much better they were. So anyway, we've decided to work on not sabotaging our self image all the time. No more calling ourselves fat and disgusting and saying how much we hate our bodies. After all I hate my legs, but how much better does it make me feel that every single time my son sees them he throws his arms around them in a hug. Obviously they aren't that gross!

So I'm starting today! I'm beautiful. I'm smart. I'm amusing. And People like me!

Okay...

Well lets not get all culty about it!

So back to the whole theme song thing. "Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall. When Lishy first started talking about it that's the song I immediately thought of. So whenever I feel cruddy about myself I'm going to turn it on. That and "Video" by India Arie cause I love that song too! And it always makes me feel all girl powery!

I'm beautiful!
I'm smart!
I'm talented!
I'm powerful!
I'm even making myself sick, but lets see if this works!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #10

Thursday Thirteen #21

Thursday Thirteen #9