It's all about the plot, baby!

Much to my husband's dismay and irritation about 19 times out of 20 within the first half hour of a movie I can tell you the entire plot of the rest of the film. I don't know if it's because of the insane numbers of movies I've seen in my lifetime and books that I've read, but usually the plot is completely laid out before me. Bryon asked me the other day if this annoyed me? That I knew exactly what was going to happen, and that got me to thinking.

It really doesn't bother me. I guess it's because I never know for sure until the very end if I'm right or not. Also just because I know the story doesn't necessarily mean that I don't enjoy the journey. Also if they are about to do something really bad to me, like murder off the main character who I'm growing to like, I want to know it ahead of time. I think that's part of the reason I like romance novels so much. They might kill off some secondary characters in the course of the book, but you know in the end the hero and heroine are going to get together and neither of them is going to drop dead.

One of the main reasons I started writing was because I got sick and tired of them killing off people I liked in books. That and the injustices done to our friends the vampires. I'm not for the angsty vamp, and I'm most certainly not for the vampire not getting the girl just because he's a vampire, or vampiress not getting the boy, or any combination thereof.

But I digress...

So it made me wonder if my plots are all so completely predictable. I hope not! Although you'll never have to fear that I'm going to hurt the main characters! Well...hurt perhaps, but they'll survive. :-D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #10

Thursday Thirteen #21

Thursday Thirteen #9