Series vs. Set

Okay, I've been thinking...

A series of books is all the books an author has written that are connected, right? Or perhaps all the books that are written in one world/reality. Well the book I'm working on now, Blood and Violets, is actually loosely related to the other three books I've already written, but not nearly as closely related as those three books are to each other.

Dana of the Whispering Wood, Arianna Penndragon, and Fiona O'Sithein make up what I would consider a set within the series. I call the set The Women of Sithein, but I have no name for my series. I guess I should decide on a name, but for the life of me, I can't think of anything that would be appropriate. It's driving me to distraction!

And so my next question is can I even do this? Is it allowed? I mean, I guess anything is allowed, but I wonder if it will confuse people if I have Dana of the Whispering Woods in The Women of Sithein set from the Blah Blah Blah series. I have another set which focuses on the return of the fairies planned, and for that matter Blood and Violets could easily be part of a set since I have plans for Alex's brother, Joachim, and his father, Finn.

*throws hands up* Oh well, I'll just jump off that bridge when I come to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #10

Thursday Thirteen #21

Thursday Thirteen #9