Why I shouldn't be in the room when someone is reading one of my books...

My husband is reading Fiona O'Sithein, and, of course, he always seems to be doing it when I'm in the room. So when he laughs or makes a comment aloud, which is apparently supposed to be to himself, I respond with...

"What??? What is it?"

What am I supposed to do? I really just have to know what the heck it is he found so funny! Now if I hadn't intended it to be funny, I would be very upset by all these outbursts of hysterical laughter, but since it was intentional I'm pretty darned flattered.

When he was about 50 pages of reading into it, he started teasing me every single time I asked him what he was laughing at. So I tried to ignore him and then naturally every time he laughed he would look at me and wait for a response. To which I had to hide my head behind my laptop from him. :-D

So from now on unless he can be quiet or take the questions he is just going to have read them in another room!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, Lesley, I can really relate to this! LOL When my husband is reading one of my books I tend to hover like a hawk, waiting for the slightest change in expression--a chuckle, smile, laugh, frown, whatever. And if the poor guy makes a comment, I ask a gazillion questions and analyze it to death. The best thing I can do is to stay out of the room when he reads my stuff.

And then grill him methodically later.

LOL
Anonymous said…
I honestly think he was just doing it to torture me! He's finally done though. hehe I'm reading Polly's Perilous Pleasures now, and it's got me rolling. I giggle every time I even think about the spreadsheets!!! Great book!
Anonymous said…
I do the same thing!
Anonymous said…
Susan: ;) I'm so glad you ladies are around to assure me that I'm not a freak!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #9

Bear Ears for Baby and Toddler Hats

Thursday Thirteen #21