Thursday Thirteen #27
13 Reasons I'm too Impatient to be a Writer
- I check my email every ten seconds to see if I've gotten a response to my full yet...*checking*...Nope, not yet.
- I contemplate all the different possibilities...
Is it taking so long because they hate it and can't think of anything nice to say?
Is it taking so long because they love it and are debating exactly how much money they want to give me? (What? I can dream!)
Has my email somehow been capturing the responses and hiding them from me in an effort to push me slowly over the edge?
- What's with this no simultaneous submissions thing? So many publishers demand that you not send a work to anyone but them, and then wait six months to respond to you with a form letter! Not that that's happened to me? Nope! And I'm not bitter! Not at all!
- I didn't just check my email again! No, I didn't! Okay, yes, I did.
- I'm almost too impatient to even online shop! How can I possibly wait months to know if my dream's going to come true this time?
- I can't wait to find out things, because I need to know how much chocolate it's going to take to soothe my hurt feelings. Or how much it will require in celebratory chocolate!
- Sleep bugs me. I get into a story that I'm impatient to finish and this whole requiring sleep thing gets in the way!
- Yup, just checked it again.
- I go to the blogs of people to whom I've submitted and analyze every one of their posts in the hope of gleaning one shred of evidence as to whether or not they have read my submission yet.
- I'm just sure every time they say something vague about a bad submission they must be talking about me.
- I am absolutely certain that the USPS likes messing with my mind so they hide my snail mail submissions for a couple of months just to add that little extra stress.
- I live in a world of knowledge instant gratification , why can't I know EVERYTHING immediately?
- *checks her email again*